Well after a few days of usage I found some major problems which prevented me from adopting Kubuntu 15.10 with the lovely Plasma 5 setup.
- Auto mount of NFS shares is broken again
- Desktop backgrounds are locked to a single background image
- Auto mount of random key encrypted swap is broken
- After a day or so of uptime, Plasma 5 starts to bog down
- A lot of the plasma widgets are a step backwards, they’re ugly, or poorly laid out vs the older Plasma 4 widgets
I’m hoping that these issues get resolved, as Plasma 5 and the new layouts and themes were a whole lot prettier than Plasma 4, however since I can’t use it everyday successfully and without aggravation I decided to restore my backup.